Tacoma and Pierce County’s adventurous side is solar powered. More
Tacoma Link Light Rail
*See note regarding temporary service changes below.
Getting around downtown Tacoma is free and easy with the Tacoma Link Light Rail.
The Tacoma Link Light Rail provides complimentary service from one end of downtown to the other. Hop on to ride between the six stops at: the Tacoma Dome, South 25th Street, Union Station, the Convention Center, South 11th Street and the Theater District.
The Link Light Rail operates 365 days-a-year. Parking is free in the six-story Link garage located next to the Tacoma Dome Station. The Link travels between ends approximately every 12 minutes. Check the schedule for train frequency.
Temporary Service Changes
Due to area construction, Link Light Rail will be replaced by a free shuttle bus service through at least the middle of September. Shuttle service will follow the same schedule as the Link Light Rail service and will pick up and drop off passengers at the same stops, with the exception of the Theater District Station, which will be closed.
The free shuttle service will service the following stops:
Theater District Station
- S 9th St between Pacific Ave and Court A
Commerce St Station
- (Northbound) Pacific Ave at S 11th St
- (Southbound) Pacific Ave at S 11th St
Convention Center Station
- (Northbound) Pacific Ave at S 14th St
- (Southbound) Pacific Ave at S 14th St
- (Northbound) Pacific Ave at S 19th St - Union Station
- (Southbound) Pacific Ave at S 19th St - UW Steps
S 25th St Station
- (Northbound) S 25th St west of A St
- (Southbound) S 25th St east of A St
Tacoma Dome Station
- Tacoma Dome Station Zone G
Hours of Operation
- Mondays through Fridays: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m
- Sundays and Holidays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tacoma Dome Station [424 E. 25th St.]
- Tacoma Dome Station is a transportation hub with train rail, bus and light rail
- Pop in to Freighthouse Square for food, shops, antiques and art galleries
- Adjacent to the station, the Tacoma Dome holds concerts, meetings and sporting events
South 25th Street Station [South 25th + A Street]
- Have an All-American burger at this popular joint, Chalk Talk Bistro, or try a deep-fried hot dog, old-school burger or gluten-free meal at Friesenburgers
Union Station [Pacific Avenue + South 19th Street]
- Easily walk to Chihuly Bridge of Glass, Museum of Glass, Washington State History Museum, Tacoma Art Museum and Union Station
- Hop off at Holiday Inn Express + Suites Tacoma
- Choose from a number of great places to eat like The Harmon and El Gaucho
- Shop along the boutique stores on Pacific Avenue
Convention Center Station [Commerce Street + South 15th Street]
- Stop by the Visitor Information Center at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center for Tacoma + Pierce County resources
- Head to the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center for a conference or event
- Stay overnight at the Courtyard Marriott or Hotel Murano
- Dine at Stanford's Restaurant
South 11th Street Station [Commerce Street + South 11th Street]
- From May to October, visit the Tacoma Farmers Market on Broadway Street for fresh local foods, crafts and music
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Galanga Thai and many other great restaurants
Theater District Station [Commerce Street + South 9th Street]
- Tacoma City Theaters offers a variety of year-round entertainment at Pantages, Rialto, and Theater on the Square
- Adjacent to the Theater District is Antique Row, where numerous shops offer a wide range of antiques and collectibles