New Health and Safety Procedures in Place at Greater Tacoma Convention Center
We are making modifications to ensure we meet all reopening guidelines so our guests feel comfortable returning and clients feel confident booking their next event.
While we continue to follow this dynamic situation, here is some of what our clients and guests can expect:
- Enhanced health and deep-cleaning protocols including sanitizing stations
- Frequent cleaning of high touch and high traffic areas
- Visible front of house signage to encourage physical distancing
- Customized floorplans to reduce occupancy where necessary
- Heightened employee training
With the uncertainty of the phased reopening timeline for more than 200 attendees, we have implemented flexible booking guidelines to reduce worries for events in 2021 and beyond:
- New business events can be booked for up to 200 people through December 31, 2020. Events with more than 200 people will be considered for January 2021 and beyond, with backup dates selected.
- New events can be booked for up to 500 people for January, February and March with a maximum capacity of 50% of each event space. New Events of all sizes can be booked for April through December 2021. For all 2021 events, additional backup dates may be selected within the following 6 months and all deposits will be transferred to the new date.
- Should event dates change within the 6 month window (or rooms need to change) due to phased guidelines from state government, additional rental fees will not be charged
We will closely monitor the continually evolving guidelines through national, international, local and state health authorities while our team creates innovative solutions for clients and guests to again gather in safe and healthy ways. We know there is a lot riding on your events and we will communicate more details on enhanced procedures when possible.
Stay healthy and rest assured that we will continue to adapt and be ready for the greater way forward when that time comes.