MRSR considers a group to be 15 or more people purchasing tickets at one time.
We provide complimentary tickets for one driver and one escort for professional tour groups. These two passengers are not included in the 15 passenger minimum for group rates. Rates are valid for any public regular excursion train and include the museum tour. For private cars rentals, please visit our Charter page.
GROUP RATES FOR REGULAR EXCURSIONS (includes handling fees)
PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT GROUP RATES FOR SPECIAL EVENTS AND BBQ TRAINS
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
Groups may bring their own food and beverage aboard the train. We offer concessions car combo deals on popcorn and drinks or individual box lunchs for $15 per person (inclusive) for groups. Please contact our sales department for more information.
Tour buses for groups riding our train can center their day's activities around our depot and parking lot. And if you prefer before or after riding the train, the group can picnic under the large shade trees and see the National Historic Elbe Church. Be sure to contact the church in advance to inquire about the availability of their volunteers. WIth advance notice they may be able to open the church up for a tour of the church.
Our depot and gift shop is open throughout the day Wednesday through Sunday during the season and other arrangements can be made as well to accommodate the needs of your group.
- Minimum group size is 15
- Note: For professional tour operators no charge for guide and bus driver
- Reservations require a minimum of 2 weeks prior to departure
- Reservations require a minimum of 3 weeks prior to departure with food
- 10% non refundable down payment required for all bookings with reserved space.
- 20% non refundable down payment required for all bookings with food
- Note: Weekends fill early so we suggest booking groups 45 days in advance
- Confirmations are due 7 days prior in advance with exact group count.
- Balance due 7 days prior to departure
- We accept company check, credit card and approved purchase orders for payment
Please note that group rates are not combinable with AAA discount or coupons.
2014 Sample Company Picnic Menu
Per Person Inclusive Prices. Catered by Simply Delicious Catering Company
Prices based on a minimum of 40 people.
BBQ Chicken and Ribs, Buckaroo Beans, Coleslaw, Dinner Roll, Bottled Water or Soda, Ice Tea and Old Fashioned Lemonade with Strawberry Shortcake and whipped cream for dessert $24
Hamburger and Hot Dogs, Chips, Green Salad, Pasta Salad, Bottled Iced Tea, Bottled Lemonade, Bottled Water or Soda, Apple Crisp and whipped cream for dessert $17
Pulled Pork Sandwich, Corn on the Cob, Green Salad, Potato Salad, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Bottled Water or Soda, Watermelon and Cookies for dessert $22
BBQ Chicken drumsticks/thighs, Buckaroo Beans, Coleslaw, Dinner Roll, Bottled Wate
- Accepts Cash: Yes
- Accepts Discover:
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- ADA Compliant:
- Miles to GTCTC: 45
- Miles to Seatac: 67
- Additional Resources:
- Bachelor Parties:
- Bridal Parties:
- Music and Entertainment:
- Wedding and Event Coordinators:
- DescriptionPrivate events at the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad and Museum provide a memorable backdrop your guests are sure to remember. Groups are able to charter a private train or a private car on a public train. Groups also have the option of renting facilities at our museum for private events with price packages that can include a train ride, guided museum tour, tech tours or live entertainment. Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad and Museum is a nonprofit heritage railroad located in the foothills near Mount Rainier. Our trains travel through the forest and foothills from our depot in Elbe to our museum in Mineral, Washington.
- Space NotesSpace for private events. Private events on the train can be held for groups up to 240 people. Private events at the museum can be held at our seasonal outdoor picnic and event are for 200 people with seating at picnic tables for catered receptions, company picnics, weddings, wine tasting and BBQ's. Parking is free. Museum admission is included with private train charters and also with event rentals of our museum facilities. For an indoor event at the museum our theater room is our largest private space that's indoors. We have a video of the theater room posted on our YouTube channel. I also have photos of the train, picnic area and theater room for event planners if needed. We have a caterer that can serve a buffet meal on the train for small groups of 48 people. For larger groups on the train we offer a passed appetizer service or boxed lunch option. Catered events at our outdoor picnic and event area can be plated or buffet style. We have a small outdoor stage by the event area that is 10 x 10 and covered with electrical power. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or if I can be of additional assistance. Typical drive time from the Tacoma Convention Center to our depot in Elbe is 1 hour and 20 minutes. Private events on the train or in our theater room are available year round. Seasonal events at the picnic area are best suited for summer or early fall. The picnic area has a park-like setting with shade trees and access to the museum displays. On clear days you can see the peak of Mount Rainier from the picnic area. The train and museum exhibits are both wheelchair accessible. We have 3 event tents measuring 20 x 40 with overhead coverage, no side walls.
- Unique Features We the only new railroad logging museum in North America along with the most comprehensive collection of steam logging locomotives in the world!
- Meeting Rooms4
- Total Sq.Ft.512
- Largest Room512
- Wifi Capable Yes