Every year, the greater Gig Harbor community celebrates the return of the salmon to our local waters. The Chum Festival serves to remind us that the quality of the water, and the habitat it supports, connects us all. Join festival hosts Harbor WildWatch and the Harbor History Museum, as well as community partners, for a fun afternoon of activities as we commit to new ways to improve and protect our waterways.
This FREE family-friendly event is hosted at the Harbor History Museum on November 16, 2019.
- Bring a t-shirt or blank tote bag and do some fish printing with the KGI Watershed Council
- Guess the weight of the salmon with Pen Met Parks
- Touch some sea creatures with Harbor WildWatch
- Salmon Walking Tours (1pm and 2pm) will guide visitors through Austin Estuary and conclude at Donkey Creek Park where you can cheer the salmon on their journey.
- Dragon Boat and kayak races will begin at 1pm
- Fun activities with Curious by Nature School
- Tours of the Shenandoah with the Museum
- EnviroCorps will have fun activities all day
- Chum burgers will be cooked up by the Gig Harbor Kiwanis Club, Water's Edge, and the Gig Harbor Commercial Fisherman's Club
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019
- Location: 4121 Harborview Dr, Gig Harbor, WA
- Phone: (253) 514-0187
- Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Free