4th of July Events 2017
Break out the red, white, and blue - Independence Day is here! We've gathered all the details to bring you this guide to Fourth of July celebrations across Pierce County, showcasing the best of the family-friendly fairs, small-town street parades, and stunning fireworks displays. Find even more fun events (like the Wings and Wheels air and car show!) at our online events calendar.
Miles of waterfront festivities in Tacoma
- Admission is by donation. Suggested donations: $3 per person, $7 per family, $15 Patriot, and $20 Hero.
- Public parking is limited and expected to fill up early. A $20 lot is located on N 46th and Ferdinand, but is expected to be full before 1pm.
- Buses are a great alternative to driving. Pierce Transit has all the details.
- Freedom Fair gates open at 10am.
- Air show begins at 1:30pm.
- Fireworks begin at 10:10pm.
Fourth of July in Washington's First City
- Free to attend!
- Ferry details to Anderson Island.
- Street Fair opens and festivities begin at 9am.
- Parade begins at 1:00pm.
- Fireworks begin at 10:30pm.
Patriotism with Military Servicemembers
- Free admission!
- Guests without an installation access pass should enter JBLM Lewis Main via the DuPont Gate. Please check requirements for base entry before attending Freedom Fest.
- Festivities begin at 12:00pm.
- Salute to the Union at 9:15pm.
- Army Band Concert at 9:45pm.
- Fireworks begin at 10:15pm.
Independence Day celebrations across Pierce County
- All celebrations are free to attend!
- Lakewood parade begins at 1:00pm.
- Concert at Meeker Mansion begins at 2:00pm.
- DuPont celebrations begin at 9:00am, with a parade beginning at 10:00am.