The event was held to reflect on the previous years? work done by the team of volunteers for the Tacoma Visitor Information Center (VIC).
- The VIC expanded its retail sales program to include consignment partnerships. The new product diversity allows the organization to showcase destination memorabilia made by local artists.
- The VIC connected with visitors at local events. The team participated in community festivals and events by providing destination information to those in attendance.
- The VIC assisted 8,450 visitors, providing them with destination information.
- The VIC distributed more than 1,000 visitor guides, helped plan 680 itineraries and offered 1,350 restaurant referrals.
- The VIC sold 44 ?Go Seattle? cards and $2,015 in merchandise and booked 127 room nights in Pierce County hotels.
- Volunteers contributed 2,358 hours to the organization, which resulted in an in-kind value of $50,750.
- In May, the VIC volunteers were recognized and honored by the City of Tacoma with a City of Destiny Award.