Lakewood is a patriotic community that invites you to enjoy some all-American fun. Discover majestic gardens, lakes and green spaces. Fort Steilacoom Park is the home to 340+ acres of trails and prairie lands ready for you to explore. Enjoy scenic walks throughout the year and a place to bike, bird watch and play fetch with your dog. Fish, swim or boat in clear-water lakes and then relax in beautiful and serene gardens.
Tour the past and venture through Lakewood’s historic sites. Learn about life as an American soldier centuries ago and view extraordinary old barns dating back to the 1930s. Lakewood has a wonderful mix of shops and restaurants to visit in its multicultural shopping districts. From laid-back to active recreation, Lakewood has something for everyone!
- Fort Steilacoom Park
- Scenic Lakes for Boating + Fishing
- Majestic Gardens
- Multicultural Shopping Districts
- Historic Sites
Things to do
- Taste wine at Stina’s Cellars then watch performers dazzle the stage at Lakewood Playhouse. Head to Lakewood Towne Center to find an exceptional mix of shops and restaurants.
- For water recreation, head to American Lake North Park or Harry Todd Park. Visit Fort Steilacoom Park for trails, playgrounds and a dog park. Immerse yourself in a gardener’s paradise at Lakewold Gardens with 10+ acres of vibrant colors and natural beauty.
- Be a part of history at Fort Steilacoom Living History Museum as reenactors live and work as soldiers, officers, wives, children and friends. Learn local history at the Lakewood History Museum or follow historical markers along Discovery Trail.