Gig Harbor is a charming maritime village full of peace and solitude. Located near Puget Sound with scenic views of Mount Rainier, this picturesque community has a “getaway” feeling while still being close to everything. Culture and outdoor recreation unite on the harbor where maritime heritage thrives.
Take in the culture at locally-owned hotels, waterfront taverns or wine bars. Experience the history of Gig Harbor along the waterfront dotted with galleries and boutiques, the Harbor History Museum, Waterfront History Walk and Narrows Park. From kayak to boat tours, harbor towns are all about water recreation. No matter the weather, adventure and beautiful scenery await you.
- Maritime Heritage + Festivals
- Boutique Shopping
- Water Recreation + Harbor Tours
- Historic Net Sheds
- Parks + Walking Paths
Things to do
- Indulge in amazing culinary experiences. Combine the best food and wine with Gig Harbor waterfront ambience at a local wine bar or grab a beer and world-famous clam chowder at the Tides Tavern.
- Explore the waters on your own with Gig Harbor Rent-a-Boat or be expertly guided by Destiny Harbor Tours. View the striking harbor scenery from five waterfront parks with adjoining walking paths.
- Learn about the city’s boat building and commercial fishing heritage at the Harbor History Museum. Shop Gig Harbor’s downtown and uptown districts featuring specialty boutiques and galleries—where old charm meets new charisma.