Kids’ Trek, Northwest Trek’s new half-acre, nature-inspired playground recently opened and is one of the largest play spaces in the Puget Sound area and is free with Northwest Trek admission or membership. Learn more at www.DiscoverKidsTrek.org.
It's a flat-out fun, unparalleled tell-all-your-friends-about-it trip through a wildlife park teeming with herds of American bison, Roosevelt elk, bighorn sheep and mountain goats. Plus moose, deer, Canada geese, trumpeter swans and many other species.
And they're all right outside your tram window. It's not unusual, in fact, for drivers to stop and let the animals cross the road right in front of you.
You can hear their hooves pound the earth, see steam rising from their nostrils on a chilly morning, stare into their eyes - and find them looking right back at you. All from the comfort of your tram seat while a naturalist tells you about the animals you're seeing.
The Discovery Tram Tour is free with admission to Northwest Trek.
NEW - Look for our new black bear siblings and Canada lynx brothers as you explore the park!
Walk along a paved path through the forest and see large predators like grizzly bears, wolves, cougars and other native forest animals, all in naturalistic exhibits. Then, observe smaller wetlands and forest creatures like river otters, beavers, and wolverines swimming in their pools and keeping cozy in their dens.
The trail is wheelchair- and stroller-friendly. A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the main office when you enter the park.
This interactive center for children of all ages (and children-at-heart) is filled with things to discover about nature and wildlife! Use puppets to imitate animal behavior, watch a snake slither, or touch one of the many fur pelts of Pacific Northwest animals. Several of Northwest Trek's smaller residents live in the center.
Cheney Discovery Center
As you explore the Cheney Center, you'll find animal biofacts and information about Washington's habitats and the wide variety of animals that live here. Hands-on activities abound! You can also take home some great activities and handouts that change seasonally.
- Miles to Seatac: 47
- Miles to GTCTC: 32
- Accepts Cash: Yes
- Accepts Discover:
- Accepts MasterCard:
- Accepts Visa:
- ADA Compliant:
- Serves Lunch:
- Wheelchair accessible:
- Bachelor Parties:
- Bridal Parties:
- Wedding and Event Coordinators:
- Additional Resources:
- Music and Entertainment:
- DescriptionNorthwest Trek Wildlife Park offers year-round opportunities to venture into the forest and experience the solitude of the wild and the thrill of adventure. Our unique facilities accommodate intimate groups of 20 to celebrations for up to 500 guests. Each event at Northwest Trek is individualized to suit your needs.
- Floor Plan FileFloor Plan PDF
- Largest Room800
- Total Sq.Ft.800
- Space NotesOur premier facility for events accommodating 20 - 120 is the Hellyer Center, which is located on a private peninsula on Horseshoe Lake in our free-roaming area. Our Picnic Pavilion and adjacent meadow in the main "core" area of the Park is available for larger events.
- Breakout Rooms
- Internet Capable
- Unique Features
- Wifi Capable
- Number of Rooms2
- Large Floor Plan FileLarge Floor Plan PDF
- Sleeping Rooms1