Tacoma Maritime Fest is less than a month away and we’ve got a lot of family friendly activities planned for everyone to enjoy. As always, admission to the festival is FREE, as are most of our activities.
Some things to check out while you’re there:
• Community Boat Building – The Tacoma Community Boat Builders are hosting their Community/Team Boat Building session during Maritime Fest. Teams of 3 or 4 will work to build their own 11-foot skiff.
• Kids’ Activities –
o Come build your very own model toy boat at the popular Toy-Boat Building booth;
o Our storytelling Mermaid will be back at the Foss Waterway Seaport to tell tales of the sea;
o Take the Pirate Pledge and Become a Pirate: Spend some of that extra energy bouncing in the Pirate Ship bounce house;
• Boats! Our docks will be filled with various historical and industrial vessels that are free for anyone to board and take a closer look. We will also have boat tours on the water, including our popular Port of Tacoma tours that are only available on Sunday on a first come, first served basis.
Visit this website to reserve a free seat!
• Stand Up Paddling! Challenge your balance in an Intro Paddle Board session - tickets here:
or a Paddle Board Yoga session - tickets here:
• Sailing, Get out on the water! Come try out the Walker Bay training sailboats;
• Maritime Art – Find the Urban Sketchers display and various artists sketching away throughout the museum;
• A Maritime Garage Sale – Saturday 10am - 4pm in partnership with Foss Harbor Marina
• Enjoy live music throughout the days.
FREE water shuttles – On Saturday there will be a boat shuttle from the 16th Street Pier. On Sunday there will be a boat shuttle from the Museum of Glass during the Glass Festival at the Museum of Glass.
There’s lots to do at Tacoma Maritime Fest, happening on July 28th and 29th, and we’re excited to see you there! Join us on the waterfront!
Tacoma Maritime Fest is able to provide FREE family fun thanks to our sponsors: Key Bank, Port of Tacoma, City of Tacoma, Tote Maritime the Foss Waterway Development Authority, and Green Events.
- Sunday, Jul. 29, 2018
- Location: 705 Dock St, Foss Waterway Seaport, WA
- Phone: (253) 272-2750
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Free