Considering becoming a volunteer? Get the answers to many common questions.
Travel Tacoma + Pierce County offers many exciting opportunities for Tacoma + Pierce County residents to volunteer their time to extend their hospitality and customer skills to visitors and conference delegates. We would like to invite you to participate by becoming a volunteer.
Where do volunteer activities take place?
- The Visitor Information Center [VIC] is located at 15th St. and Commerce St. at the Greater Tacoma Convention + Trade Center inside the first floor entrance
- Special projects are completed at the business office located in the Heritage Bank building at 11th St. and Pacific Ave., on the 14th floor
What type of events and activities need volunteers?
Onsite services are provided to any group booked within Pierce County who can benefit from services and support.
What is the attire for TRCVB volunteers?
- Volunteers dress in business causal when volunteering at the VIC, events or in the Travel Tacoma + Pierce County business office
- Nametags are provided to volunteers
Where do volunteers park?
- Volunteers are provided with complimentary parking
- VIC volunteer: park at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center [GTCTC]
- Special projects volunteer: park at the Wells Fargo garage
- Onsite services volunteer: utilize GTCTC or location parking [expenses will be reimbursed]
How do volunteers find out about upcoming opportunities?
Newsletters and informational emails are sent to all volunteers.
How do I become a volunteer?
Please contact Calista Klein, Visitor Experience Manager at  284-3254 or email to learn more. Schedule a time to tour the VIC and meet staff and other volunteers.