Join the Travel Tacoma + Pierce County team!
If you have a passion for the tourism industry and want to be part of the excitement taking place in Tacoma + Pierce County, consider joining the dynamic team at Travel Tacoma + Pierce County. Our vision is to be the best destination marketing servicing organization in the region, and we're seeking motivated professionals to share our objective of achieving that vision.
Travel Tacoma + Pierce County is the official destination marketing organization for Pierce County, Washington and is the leader for the region's tourism industry. The mission of Travel Tacoma is to execute initiatives that deliver tourism to Pierce County.
Visitor Experience Coordinator
| JOB DESCRIPTION |
The Visitor Experience Coordinator works in the Tacoma and Pierce County Visitor Information Center [VIC] providing information to visitors and assisting with the operations of the VIC. This position reports directly to the Visitor Experience Manager, and works closely with volunteer staff.
- Assists walk-in visitors and visitor inquiry calls
- Assist with onsite conferences and community events, including booth set up
- Assists with documenting tracking numbers accurately
- Represents Travel Tacoma as part of the Ask253 team which includes actively engaging with visitors outside of the visitor information center
- Researches and enters events into the website calendar
- Assists in visitor guide deliveries
- Ensure publications and brochures are up to date, materials are well stocked
- Assist with coordinating volunteers and calling with updates as needed
- Assist with new volunteer orientations
- Assembles informative material bags on request
- Orders and organizes brochures and information center material
- Data Entry in Customer Relationship Management Tool
- Engages with visitors through social media
- Ensures cleanliness of visitor information center
- Fulfills mailing requests
- Additional administrative duties as needed
- Must be fluent in English; excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must work well in a diverse environment
- Must have a personal commitment to excellence and professionalism
- Knowledge of the Tacoma and Pierce County area is strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of the hospitality industry is preferred
- Must have proficient computer skills [Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel]
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, with flexible availability
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift and transport 35 lbs
*staff will be reimbursed for travel expenses
| COMPENSATION |
This is a part-time position, 20 hours a week, with an hourly pay rate of $13.00 per hour.
| HOURS |
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Hours are subject to change and may vary
| TO APPLY |
If you are interested in being a part of the energetic and dynamic team at Travel Tacoma, please send cover letter and resume to:
1119 Pacific Ave, Suite 1400
Tacoma, WA 98402
Applications Due: 2/10/16 5:00pm
Board of Directors
Travel Tacoma + Pierce County is governed by a Board of Directors who represent our region both geographically and across industry sectors. The Nominating Committee is inviting applications for our next Board term. Terms are for two years.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of Travel Tacoma + Pierce County, hold a senior leadership position within their organization and be able and willing to commit the time and resources outlined in the application.
For administrative and Visitor Information Center volunteer openings please contact Lisa Barker via email.