The following is a sponsored post
The “wow factor” of a venue is like curb appeal in real estate: It’s the initial attraction, but only a hasty buyer will make a decision based only on that one factor. Smart buyers (and meeting planners) know that the small things will make them look back with satisfaction or regret at their decision. The McGavick Conference Center in Lakewood has been built and upgraded to ensure that the small but important touches justify the initial “wow.” With nearly 11,000 square feet of space, and facilities to accommodate groups up to 1,200 people, the McGavick Conference Center’s additional meeting and boardroom breakout space allows scalability to fit nearly any event size.
With that in mind, here are a few of the things that deserve perhaps more attention than they get during the early part of the venue search:
- A/V system – It’s easy to mistakenly put A/V considerations at the back of the list when shopping for venues, and even when planning the event, but on the day of, it’s suddenly the most crucial thing on the list. With state-of-the-art multimedia equipment and a four-screen projection system, the McGavick Conference Center has everything covered and they won’t charge extra for it.
- WiFi – Some event planners don’t even ask about this, but at the McGavick Conference Center, it’s free and it’s strong enough to handle attendees at even the biggest events.
- Parking – You can have everything else planned perfectly, but if attendees start their event experience stressed out finding a parking place, you’ve set off on the wrong foot. More than 500 free parking spaces are available at the McGavick Conference Center.
- Views – Two things every event planner wants from attendees is that they remember the event, and they share their experience with their friends. Social media being what it is, people are looking for that iconic view to post to their Facebook page or Instagram account. At the McGavick Conference Center, the atrium and outdoor terrace both feature views of Mt. Rainier, a Pacific Northwest icon that draws the eye, and the cell phone camera.
- Catering –Many event spaces require the use of their in-house caterers, or require the organizer to choose from a narrow list of recommended catering partners, which can be a limitation that makes it through the initial screening of a venue. The McGavick Conference Center has no caterer requirement, so when you rent a space, you can do it to your own taste.
To book your event at the McGavick Conference Center or schedule a visit, please call (253) 589-5780 during business hours.