As a way to build on the excitement, the USGA, Chambers Bay + Pierce County are announcing the 2015 U.S. Open logo, featuring Chambers Bay's trademark sails.
The championship logo will appear on select pieces of merchandise in the Chambers Bay Golf Shop beginning this month, with clothing and more expected in December? just in time for the holidays!
The 2015 championship will be the first U.S. Open in the Pacific Northwest. In 2010, Chambers Bay hosted the U.S. Amateur Championship, which not only greatly benefited Tacoma + Pierce County, but also earned Pierce County TV national awards for their efforts in filming and televising the event.
In September, Pierce County TV received first place honors from the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) for its ?Pierce County News? stories about the build-up to the 2010 U.S. Amateur Championship at Chambers Bay.
Pierce County TV's coverage of the U.S. Amateur also won two awards in the sports programming category, third in the nation and honorable mention, as well as an honorable mention for a public service announcement featuring pro golfer and Tacoma native Ryan Moore.
Pierce County TV received six other awards from NATOA:
- second place in the Excellence in Government Programming category
- second place in the news series category for ?Pierce County News?
- honorable mention for community awareness
- honorable mention for ?Rainier Country? news magazine
- honorable mention for public education on a solid waste audit
- honorable mention in the Visual Arts category for graphics